The Williamstown Theatre Festival (WTF) season announcement has been released and we are so excited for our Berkshires Summer guests to experience the line-up!
2019 marks the 65th season for the Tony Award-winning theatre company who is touting big talent per usual, including Uma Thurman, Francois Battiste, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Mark Feuerstein, Jane Kaczmarek, S. Epatha Merkerson, Omar Metwally, Leigh Silverman, Mary Steenburgen and more.
The total line-up for the summer includes five world premieres, two WTF-commissioned plays, and more on two glorious stages: the Main Stage and Nikos Stage. Blank Canvas guests on each Ultimate Berkshires Summer Vacation will experience performances on both the intimate Nikos Stage as well as the Main Stage.
“In the course of just eight weeks, we will create world premiere work with some of the most thrilling theater makers in this country and breathe new life into the all-too-resonant words of cherished playwrights of the western theatrical canon,” WTF artistic director Mandy Greenfield said in a news release. “The vital urgency of the questions at the heart of these plays hopefully equals a meaningful, relevant, and powerful Festival experience for us all.”
Plan your Blank Canvas trip to the Berkshries around some of your favorite actors. Join us the week of August 4th to see Uma Thurman, or the week of July 21st to see Jesse Tyler Fergus of Modern Family fame. So many good options that you can’t go wrong.
Looking forward to dynamic 2019 Season here #intheberkshires!
The Williamstown Theatre Festival Season at a Glance:
- June 25-July 13: “A Raisin in the Sun” by Lorraine Hansberry. Directed by Robert O’Hara. With Francois Battiste and S. Epatha Merkerson
- July 17-28: World premiere – “Grand Horizons” by Bess Wohl. Directed by Leigh Silverman. With Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Mary Steenburgen
- July 31- Aug. 18: “Ghosts” by Henrik Ibsen. New translation from the Norwegian by Paul Walsh. Directed by Carey Perloff. With Uma Thurman.
- June 26-July 7: World premiere – “A Human Being, of a Sort” by Jonathan Payne. Directed by Whitney White
- July 10-21: World premiere – “Selling Kabul” by Sylvia Khoury. Directed by Tyne Rafaeli. With Omar Metwally, Marjan Neshat, and Babak Tafti.
- July 24- Aug. 3: World premiere – “Tell Me I’m Not Crazy” by Sharyn Rothstein. Directed by Moritz von Stuelpnagel. With Mark Feuerstein, Jane Kaczmarek, and Nadine Malouf
- Aug. 7-18: World premiere -“Before the Meeting” by Adam Bock. Directed by Trip Cullman. With Jason Butler Harner