A deposit of $1,500 per person, per tour is required to confirm a reservation. This may be paid with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or personal check (please note a $30 fee will be added for any check returned to us by your bank).
Once we receive your reservation and deposit, we will send you detailed information on what to bring, how to prepare for your trip, travel directions, a detailed itinerary including where and when we meet, and pre or post tour hotel ideas should you desire help.
The balance of the trip price is due 45 days prior to departure, payable by check or credit card. If you pay your deposit by credit card, we will assume that you would like your balance also paid by credit card and, we will charge your card for the balance due 45 days prior to departure, unless you instruct us otherwise. If the balance is not paid when due, Blank Canvas reserves the right to regard the reservation as cancelled. If final payment is not received 45 days prior to departure, a late payment fee of $250 will be charged.
Guest Cancellations and Refunds:
If you must cancel your reservation for a tour, we will refund your deposit, less the following fees per tour:
Days Prior to Trip Start Date | Trip Cancellation Fee Per Person
91+ days | $250
61-90 days | $500
45-60 days | 75% of trip price
0-44 days | 100% of trip price
When you cancel a trip, you must notify us in writing. The post-mark or date stamp will be considered the valid date of cancellation. Exceptions to these policies cannot be made for any reason. Any eligible refund will be processed only after receipt of written notice of cancellation and may take up to 15 business days to process.
Blank Canvas Trip Changes and Cancellations:
Blank Canvas reserves the right to make date, route, activity, and hotel modifications to any tour. This includes the details of itineraries as they appear on www.BlankCanvasTours.com. If unforeseen circumstances require a change to the trip itinerary, Blank Canvas will make every effort to select alternatives, including lodging accommodations, that are of the same standard and to keep modifications to a minimum. Blank Canvas reserves the right to cancel a trip for any reason. In such an instance, we will refund all payments received, which will constitute full settlement.
The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in the enactment of various travel restrictions throughout the world. These laws can be enacted or modified in every country or local jurisdiction as conditions develop. Old Sod Travel strongly recommends that all travelers be fully vaccinated at least three weeks prior to commencing any travel outside the United States. Client/Traveler is hereby notified and acknowledges that travel restrictions throughout the world are outside the control of Old Sod Travel and are subject to change at any time and without notice to Old Sod Travel. Client/Traveler assumes all risks of travel, including the risk of contracting COVID-19 and agrees to hold harmless. Old Sod Travel of any claims or damages relating to illness, hospitalization, medical bills or death from this disease or any other disease contracted during travel. Client/Traveler assumes all risks of any changes, limitations, and restrictions in the travel plans due to COVID, including without limitation, site closures, travel restrictions, and/or mandatory quarantines. Client/Traveler agrees to hold harmless Old Sod Travel, its agents, employees and principals from all claims and damages relating COVID, including any cancellations, closures, changes, restrictions or limitations in travel plans due to COVID.
Arrival and Departure:
Each trip begins and ends in a town accessible by car. Meeting and ending locations are listed on each of the individual trip pages, as well as in your pre-departure information. If you prefer to arrive at the starting point the night prior to the trip departure date, we will be happy to provide you with instructions on how to contact the hotels directly, or to make these reservations for you, subject to availability. If you elect to have Blank Canvas make these reservations for you, the hotels and inns require that we provide them with a credit card number to hold these reservations or, in rare occasions, to send them a check in advance of arrival. We will advise you of specific hotel and inn payment policies. Rates may differ from those included in Blank Canvas trip prices.
Trip prices are based on double occupancy. If you are traveling alone, you will pay the single room supplement. There are a limited number of single rooms available on all trips. There is room for a single triple occupancy group per trip and will be available first come, first serve.
Trip Price Includes:
- Breakfast, dinner daily, lunch all but two “free exploration” days
- All museum, theatre and concert venue admission/ticket ticket fees
- Gratuities for hotels, meals and baggage
- Experienced guides
- All transportation during the trip by van
Trip Price Does Not Include:
- Air and land transportation to and from the trip
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses
- Non-scheduled activities or suggested activities
At the request of guests, Blank Canvas may recommend the services of other companies including hotels, transportation, restaurants, and other services outside the scope of our operations. While Blank Canvas takes care to recommend excellent and reliable external travel organizations, we do not guarantee services provided by these companies and are not liable for issues, or cancellations that may arise.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult. Anyone under the age of 18 on the date of first travel is considered to be a minor. Each adult on a booking with a minor is responsible for the behavior, well-being, supervision and monitoring of such a minor. Each adults assumes the terms and conditions for and on behalf of any minor on their booking, including all assumptions of risk and limitations of liability. The Tour Operator does not provide care services for minors and expressly disclaims any responsibility for chaperoning or controlling any minor. Children’s rates are the same as standard adult rates.
Medical and Health:
Blank Canvas Tours does not employ medical personnel. Any medical attention you require while traveling with Blank Canvas Tours must be sought through a local medical facility, if/when available, for diagnosis. All related charges are at your expense. Blank Canvas Tours cannot guarantee the availability of medical facilities or for the quality of the care or services.
Responsibility and Release:
You are responsible for choosing a trip that fits your abilities, level of fitness and health. If you need any assistance in selecting the right trip for you, please contact a Blank Canvas Trip Coordinator at 833-641-0855. You are also responsible for reading the pre-trip information material and bringing with you all of the appropriate clothing and equipment, as well as acting in accordance with the customs and laws of places visited. Blank Canvas reserves the right to accept, remove, retain or decline services to any trip member at any time for any reason. In such a case, a refund equal to the actual cost of the unused services is the limit of Blank Canvas’ responsibility. Payment of your deposit represents your acceptance of the terms and conditions included herewith, as well as all general information listed in the catalog, online at www.BlankCanvasTours.com and subsequent trip departure material. Blank Canvas Tours, LLC, its members, employees and agents, give notice that all services and arrangements related to this tour have been made by Blank Canvas Tours, LLC only as agents upon the express condition that Blank Canvas Tours, LLC shall not be liable and does not assume responsibility for any claims, damages, expenses or other financial loss whether to person or property arising out of or related to any injury, accident, death, cancellation, delay, alteration, or inconvenience resulting from any act of omission, commission or inadvertence of any hotel, inn, carrier, restaurant or other company or person rendering any of the services included in the tour or its pre- and post-tour arrangements, or caused by weather, sickness, strikes, quarantines or the willful or negligent acts of any other tour members or any cause whatsoever beyond the control of Blank Canvas. Some days or activities and certain trips are operated by local guides. These guides have been selected for the quality of the services they offer as well as the desirability of the destinations. Blank Canvas Tours, LLC reserves the right and trip participants agree to allow Blank Canvas to take photographic or film records of any of our trips and trip participants, and may use any such records for promotional and/or commercial purposes.
By submitting your deposit, you agree to the following Traveler Code:
- I have chosen a trip that suits my abilities, level of fitness, and state of health.
- I do not have any physical conditions or disabilities that are a hazard to me or other travelers.
- I will read all pre-trip materials about clothing, medical requirements, and culture specific etiquette.
- I will make sure to communicate any special requests at least 30 days prior to travel.This includes dietary restrictions, medical requirements, and room preferences.
- I understand that Blank Canvas will make every effort to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee they will be met.
- I will respect the laws and customs of states visited.
- I will follow environmental guidelines and regulations while on the trip in accordance with guide direction.
- I understand that group travel invariably involves compromise to accommodate the diverse desires, travel goals, personalities, and physical abilities of all group members. Blank Canvas guides may be required to improvise and exercise good faith, use discretion, and/or make decisions based upon group consensus. These decisions may not always please each individual but are intended to satisfy the larger desires of the group.
- I understand that Blank Canvas reserves the right to refuse service during a tour to anyone whose health or behavior could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow guests. An individual may be asked to leave a trip if the leader determines that the person’s continuing participation may prove detrimental to the individual or the group.
- I understand the weather is out of Blank Canvas’ control.
- I will consume alcohol responsibly.
- As of July 2004 in the State of Massachusetts smoking is banned from restaurants and bars. Several of the hotels and inns on the tours also have strict no-smoking policy. I will abide by all smoking regulations in these establishments.
- I will be responsible for any and all damages made to a hotel or inn room.